Samsung Gear S2 Classic Rose Gold & Platinum US First Look: On 21st January, 2016 the Samsung India Company launched its Gear S2 smartwatch at an event in Gurgaon. The Gear S2 smartwatch will be launched in two versions Gear S2 and Gear S2 Classic, told Manu Sharma, the Director of marketing and IT of Samsung India.
Samsung Gear S2 Classic Rose Gold & Platinum US First Look
Let’s take a look at the features of Gear S2 smartwatch:
Processor-The Gear S2 comes with a 1.0 GHz Dual Core processor which is based on Tizen Platform.
Storage– The smartwatch has an internal memory of 4 GB and a 512MB of RAM
Connectivity– The Gear S2 can be connected to the smart phone with the help of Bluetooth v4.1 and
Apart from that it also has an NFC module. The Wi-Fi connection of the Gear S2 allows the user to receive notifications even when the smartphone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network.
Compatibility– This smartwatch is compatible with all the android phones which have Android 4.4 or above and a RAM of 1.5GB
In-built Apps- The Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch comes with many in-built apps. Some of which are:-
- S-Health- This app is accompanied by a heart rate monitor which gives a detailed analysis of the user’s health. In the updated version the watch can track more sets of exercises and this has improved its tracking capability.
- Diet Coach App- Samsung, in partnership with Obino, has introduced a diet coach app to its Gear S2 which will keep a check on the diet of the users. This app has been designed to help the users get information about their diet and it will also suggest them the Indian dishes that they should consume to maintain their activities and goals.
- Tennis App- The Tennis App is one of the three sports applications which the phone supports. This app helps the users to track all of their movements and shots. The users can check the stats of their serve, forehand and backhands. This app also allows them to register their shot’s speed.
- Cricket App- Up till now the Cricket App only allows to measure the bowling speed, the inclination of the arm while bowling and the arms height.
- Golf App- This app measures the speed, hitting angle and the swing of the ball.
There are many other Fitness apps which are available on Gear S2 and the users can further download more of these apps from Gear App Store.
Other Features– The Gear S2 has a display of 1.2”. The bezel turns easily and with each turn the screen on the watch changes, the different screens include music controller, weather, contacts etc. The bands are swappable with 20 mm bands and have been designed well. The battery life of the smartwatch is 1.5-2 days and it takes 2-3hours to get the smartwatch charged from 0-100% using a wireless charger.
The Gear S2 Classic is being called the “New Edition” of Samsung smartwatch. This “New Addition” will be available in two different finishes, like Rose Gold and Platinum. The Gear S2 Classic will be first launched in China and then in the other world markets.
The prices for both the devices were spotted on the online shopping store Amazon. On Amazon the devices have been priced at $449.99 each.
The US release of the smartwatch has not yet been confirmed and therefore we will have to wait for more information in regard to its US release.