Today in India – Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy J7 (2016) to Launch: On Monday, in India Samsung will be launching its 2016 editions of the smartphones i.e. Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 in the country. The company had already sent out media invites over the weekend with the tagline that said, ‘Get ready to witness the next’.
Today in India – Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) and Galaxy J7 (2016) to Launch
In China earlier this year, Samsung had introduced the two smartphones i.e. Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7. Last week in South Korea the smartphones went on sale. The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) was priced at KRW 290,000 i.e. approximately Rs. 17,000 and the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) was priced at KRW 363,000 i.e. approximately Rs. 21,000. So we can expect that in e India the pricing to be priced around the same.
Both the new smartphones feature the metal frames. Both the new J-series smartphones are the successors to the Samsung Galaxy J5 and the Galaxy J7, which were unveiled in July last year.
Both the smartphones run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and come with the 4G LTE Cat.4 support. They sport a rear camera of 13-megapixel with f/1.9 aperture and a LED flash. Both the smartphones also feature a front-facing camera of 5-megapixel that also comes with f/1.9 aperture.
Some other specifications of the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016)
- It features a 5.2-inch HD (720/1280 pixels)
- It has super Amoled display
- It is powered by a quad-core processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz
- It is clubbed with RAM of 2GB
- There is 16 GB of storage
- The device also supports expandable storage support via microSd card
- It is backed by 3100mAh battery
- It measures 145.8/72.3/8.1 mm and it weighs 158 grams
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016)
- It features a 5.5-inch HD (720/1280 pixels)
- It has Super Amoled display
- It is powered by an octa-core processor which is clocked at 1.6GHz
- It comes with RAM of 2GB
- It packs 16 GB of storage
- The handset is backed by a 3300mAh battery
- The smartphone measures 151.7/76/7.8mm and it weighs 169 grams