World Cheapest Smartphone, Freedom 251 priced at Rs. 251, 10 things we need to know about it: An Indian company Ringing Bells will launch the world’s cheapest smartphone on Wednesday. It attempts to connect every Indian with the help the India government. The name of the smart phone is The Freedom 251 and it costs only Rs. 251, yes your reading correct. It will be made available on the company’s website on February 18 from 6:00 am till February 21, 8:00 pm. This move is taken to disrupt the smartphone market in the country. Here are 10 things you would like to know about the phone.
1. The display of the phone has a screen size of 4-inch with resolution of 960×540 pixels which is very common nowadays and usually such screen phones are priced at Rs.5000.
2. For lightning-fast web browsing it supports 3G.
3. It can easily run Twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp with a RAM of 1 GB and then also it will have some more space for more apps.
4. There is camera also and that too both front and back camera. Despite being so less in price it sports a rear camera of 3.2 megapixel and front camera of 0.3 megapixel.
5. Internal storage of the phone is 8GB and it is expandable upto 32GB via SD card. But the sadfest part is the cost of SD card is more than the phone.
6. Battery capacity of the phone is 1,450 mAh and it will not go on for a whole day but you cannot complain about that looking at the price.
7. To make the phone more useful to farmers, women, fishermen and everyone in general it has some apps pre-installed. Such apps are Swachh Bharat, Women Safety, Farmer, YouTube etc.
8. This phone will be launched in New Delhi and MP, Murli Manohar Joshi will attend this event with Manohar Parrikar, the Union defence minister as the chief guest.
9. With 650 service centres across the country you will also be getting a 1-year warranty on the phone.
10. Earlier this month Ringing Bells made headlines by launching the Smart 101, which is a 4G capable phone with a price of Rs. 2,999.
Freedom 251 mobile booking starts from 18th Feb – 6 Am onwards.